Welcome to the RENCAM Credit Union – Your Credit Union/Community Bank website . We hope that the information on this website will be enough for you to make a decision to join us.
RENCAM Credit Union is the first ever legal deposit-taking institution in the UK, dedicated to serving some of the financial needs of the Cameroonian resident community and people of other nationalities who are interested in the Cameroonian heritage.
The Credit Union is:
- Operated and managed by the RENCAM Association – a Cameroonian social and cultural organisation in the UK.
- A community financial cooperative where members pool their savings to lend to one another.
- Operated for the purpose of promoting savings, providing credit competitive rates and providing other financial services to its members.
- A not-for-profit organisation. Any surplus made belongs to its members, unlike the typical High Street Bank whose aim is to maximize profits and such profits belong to shareholders (not YOU!).
- Regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).